12 July 2007

Weather woes

I can't believe how hot it has been! What I really can't believe is how I bemoan the lack of sun for most of the year and now that it is hear I am holed up in my home or someplace inside with air conditioning hiding from the very sun that I crave. In a feeble attempt to keep my house cool I have an absurd routine of getting up around 6:30am to turn off the fans that I have strategically placed around in different windows and close the shades so that my home feels more like a cave blocking out the rays that will simultaneously heat my home and brighten my outlook. So now that the NW actually has sun I'm going to great lengths to block it out. And when the temperature cools down next week and window shades can be left up again - then rain returns. There is no winning!

No comments: