22 October 2011

Things to do in Life!

I am a list maker. I make lists for nearly everything. So is it any wonder that I have a list of adventures I want to have in life? Of course not! Years ago I started a list of things I want to do with this life - adventures to be had, accomplishments to work towards. 



  1. Take tea at the Savoy in London.
  2. Arrive by train to Portsmouth, England - my grandmother's hometown where her uncle was the station master.
  3. Travel to England by the QM2.
  4. Kiss the Blarney Stone.
  5. Do a walking tour of England and Scotland for a couple months.
  6. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
  7. Take a week long baking class at Greystone.
  8. Create the perfect molasses chew cookie.
  9. Visit every continent.
  10. Swim in every major ocean and sea.
  11. Swim with dolphins.
  12. Learn to surf somewhere warm. (Maybe here or if I win, las Olas!)
  13. Have a photo published by National Geographic.
  14. Go on a photo expedition with National Geographic.
  15. Vacation at Wild Wadi.
  16. Learn glass blowing.
  17. Attend an opera at the MET
  18. See a performance by Lyric Opera.
  19. Design and build my own home.
  20. Go on safari and see giraffes, zebras, lions, and ride an elephant. 
  21. Write a children's book series loosely based on my grandfather and have it illustrated by my brother.
  22. Kayak around Polynesian islands with crystal clear water and white sand beaches.
  23. Earn a Ph.D. - I don't know in what, but I want to be a doctor. :)
  24. Ride the Orient Express (and maybe meet Poirot!)
  25. Drive on the autobahn - at high speeds!
  26. Learn to dance - salsa, mambo, tango, swing, waltz, hula, ballet - well! 
  27. Visit Israel (again) and spend a whole day at Yad Veshem this time. 
I'll keep adding to my list periodically - and hopefully I will start crossing things off! Maybe I should have a list of just places I want to see and travel to - I left most of those off, keeping the really important ones. I have goals too - but those are different than life adventures. My goals right now mostly relate to health: run a 5k in under 30 minutes, walk a half-marathon in under 3 hours, get my BMI below 22. 


There is so much in this amazing world to do and see, to learn and explore! One life just isn't enough. Get out there and start living! 


This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details. 

1 comment:

Krista and Stacy said...

These all sound like fun! You could find a lot of people that would want to join you on these adventures.