14 May 2008

I've arrived

Snuggling up to Ben Gurion at the airport which is named after him.








Soldiers guarding one of the gates to the Old City of Jerusalem.




One of the old gates that would have led up to the temple mount but is now overlooking the Muslim cemetery on the east side of the wall. But in my opinion is the most impressive looking.
This is me in front of the Western Wall (formerly called the Wailing Wall)
We went through Hezekiah's tunnel today. It is about 3/4 of a mile and gets very very narrow at some points and has water from ankle deep to mid thigh and ceilings that are very high to very low. I can't tell you how many times I hit my head.
View of a street in the Arab Quarter of the old city.

1 comment:

'Chele said...

Yay, you made it! I'm so excited for you and plan on following your every move. I have no idea what Hezekiah's tunnel is. The market looks fun. You'll need to keep us informed of all the exotic foods you try.

Michele B.