22 May 2007

Corrie ten Boom ROCKS!

This past Saturday I was rather productive. I had finished washing the dishes and cleaning the cook top which required to be taken completely apart due to rice boiling over - oh! what a mess! It was about 8:30pm by then and I didn't know what to do with myself. I couldn't finish vacuuming, at least not if I wanted to keep on friendly terms with my neighbors. So what to do until 11pm when Mystery started on OPB? I picked up a book that had been in my side table for close to two years - Tramp for the Lord by Corrie ten Boom. I nearly missed Mystery I was so engrossed in the book. I had to keep a box of tissue near by as just with The Hiding Place I can't help myself from crying as I read her story. She is one of the most amazing women in the Christian faith as far as I am concerned. Sunday evening I picked up the book to keep reading and couldn't put it down. That is I didn't put it down until I finished it - at 2am. It has been over twenty years since she passed away and she still has so much to teach and show us about following God. Her complete submission and obedience is inspiring and puts me in my place for the lack of it in my own life. Reading her words always leads me closer in my own walk with Jesus and shows me how amazing life could be when truly walking with Christ as Lord. Everyone should read Corrie ten Book - including you! As if to augment the lessons I was learning this weekend from Corrie I listened to a sermon from Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church in Seattle titled "Humility and Hospitality" that really centered around "long-obedience." I'm learning a lot about obedience and just how disobedient I am.

No comments: